Working at GWC
Global Wildlife Conservation is a growing organization with new and exciting opportunities available throughout the year. If you have a passion for species conservation please see the jobs listed below or send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to the nature of our work, GWC rarely has volunteer field work positions. However, if this is something you are interested in, we recommend visiting our partners page and contacting local organizations directly.
Global Wildlife Conservation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that conservation is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and cultures. We encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, creeds, sexes, national origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status. GWC offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Job type: Full-time, salaried
Location: Austin, Texas
Date: May 2017
Global Wildlife Conservation (GWC) seeks an Operations Associate who wants an opportunity to learn and develop within an organization that is growing rapidly. The Operations Associate will play a vital role on the team by keeping our finance, accounting, and fundraising systems up to date in and in order. The Operations Associate will also play a role in other areas of general business administration. The Operations Associate will report to the Comptroller, and supervises no staff.
- Duties may encompass a wide range of detailed accounting/financial transactions including general ledger entries, financial report preparation and reconciliation, bank statements, budget and tax reporting.
- Process and monitor financial transactions for the organization (QuickBooks). This includes processing invoice payments, employee reimbursements, and other distributions.
- Process donations and other receipts, and prepare tax acknowledgement letters as appropriate.
- Work closely with staff and partner organizations to manage incoming and outgoing grants and contracts, including the tracking of revenue, expenses, and associated deliverables.
- Perform other tasks necessary to ensure sound financial administration. This includes, but is not limited to: budget preparation, bank reconciliations, revenue tracking, allocation of expenses, time reporting, expense administration, grant reporting, etc.
- Ensure that GWC’s accounting systems and processes are efficient and user-friendly, strategically assessing them regularly and making improvements.
- Take the lead on special projects to research and improve various aspects of GWC’s operations.
- Work closely with staff, partners, vendors and other key stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient administration of our organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination. CPA, Non-profit accounting experience, and/or bookkeeping background preferred.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data to prepare financial reports, coordinating activities, and solving problems. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent.
- Experience in creating and managing administrative systems.
- An eye for creating efficiencies and keeping track of details.
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with diverse individuals from many different backgrounds.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Team player who’s willing to pitch in as needed.
- Excellent collaborative skills and focus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- This is a full-time, salaried position, working around 35 hours per week with a flexible, family-friendly schedule (subject to supervisor approval).
- GWC offers a competitive salary in the range of $35,000-50,000, final determination to be made commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- GWC provides medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance, with GWC covering 100% of the premiums. GWC also offers a 403b retirement plan.
- GWC observes 11 paid holidays each calendar year. Full-time employees can also accrue the following annually: 15 days of vacation leave, 12 days of illness leave, 3 personal days and 2 volunteer days.
- We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
HOW TO APPLY
- Qualified candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30, 2017. Please include “Operations Associate” in the subject line.